"Bubba" sightings in the international press and selected blogs.

Friday, February 13, 2004

What To Say About WMD
"Under my watch, the military was sent into Iraq because all reliable intelligence from around the world suggested WMD were there."

The Intellectual Bubba offers this phrase as something that Bush should have said on Meet The Press, claiming that it is honest. Bush would say "Hey, I was wrong, but I had the best info available."

Except, that is itself a lie, as the entire world knows, including all those who laughed at Colin Powell's flawed "testimony" before the Security Council. Including Hans Blix, who is having a field day. Including Bill O'Reilly, who refused to believe the evidence that "there were no WMDs" and now says "I apologize". (Why doesn't he show some contrition by quitting instead?)

Bubbas refuse to see the writing on the wall, but major media don't. The tide has turned on Bush and big business is seeing the down side so much clearer these days, so the media are going to turn very negative on Bush up to November. I don't feel sorry for the guy, but I do wonder what took so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home