"Bubba" sightings in the international press and selected blogs.

Sunday, June 27, 2004

UNIVERSAL PRESS SYNDICATE | Roger Ebert on F9/11

"Moore's real test will come on the issue of accuracy. He can say whatever he likes about Bush, as long as his facts are straight. Having seen the film twice, I saw nothing that raised a flag for me, and I haven't heard of any major inaccuracies. When Moore was questioned about his claim that Bush unwisely lingered for six or seven minutes in that Florida classroom after learning of the World Trade attacks, Moore was able to reply with: a video of Bush doing exactly that.

I agree with Moore that the presidency of George W. Bush has been a disaster for America. In writing that, I expect to get the usual complaints that movie critics should keep their political opinions to themselves. But opinions are my stock in trade, and is it not more honest to declare my politics than to conceal them? I agree with Moore, and because I do, I hope 'Fahrenheit 9/11' proves to be as accurate as it seems.
"

Among other things in this article, Roger Ebert points out the Bubba in the logic of Move Forward, Uhmerica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home