"Bubba" sightings in the international press and selected blogs.

Sunday, June 27, 2004

The New York Times: Reader's Returns on Farenheit 9/11

I'm not sure how to categorize a Texan who reads the New York Times, much less one that sends it movie reviews. If you can believe it, this would seem to reflect the turning of the screw.

"Reviewer: rogertx
'Fahrenheit' is my first experience with a Michael Moore movie, but you can bet your sweet bippy I'll be out to see 'Bowling for Columbine' as soon as I finish writing my opinion of 'Fahrenheit'.

In a phrase, RIGHT ON, MICHAEL! I'm one of those 'old' Viet Nam vets who learned too late that my generation of believers had been hoodwinked by General Westmoreland, LBJ, and Richard Nixon. I went to 'Nam with all of the best intentions, but came home with far more questions that I did answers.

'Fahrenheit' has the same effect on me. I learned much that I'd never thought much of before about how we got into Iraq. Oh yeah, I'd heard the stories of Bush family involvement with the Saudis, and indeed the most poignant words in the movie (not withstanding the tearful, emotional words of the mother who lost her son in Iraq) was W's exclamation of 'after all, they even tried to kill my father'. Telling, isn't it!

You HAVE to see 'Fahrenheit', even if you're on the Bush ship, which many of us Texans are NOT! It'll cause you to laugh, to cry, to want to console others around you, and you'll get downright PI**ED at what you see and hear.

Parts of it are gory, especially the treatment of our soldiers' bodies who were hung from a bridge. Not nice to see, but maybe we need the wakeup call.

I applaud Moore for producing this work. From one fed up Texan: 'Keep 'em coming, Michael....and Godspeed!
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home