"Bubba" sightings in the international press and selected blogs.

Saturday, February 28, 2004

BBC NEWS | UN bugging scandal widens

"'Of course I was (bugged),' Richard Butler told ABC radio.
'I was well aware of it. How did I know? Because those who did it would come to me and show me the recordings that they had made on others to help me do my job disarming Iraq.'
Mr Butler said he was bugged by the Americans, British, French and Russians.
'I knew it from other sources,' he said. 'I was utterly confident that I was bugged by at least four permanent members of the Security Council.'
"

I'm note sure that I believe Bubba Butler's story, which would seem to be trying to soften the blow of the bugging story rather than qualifying it. If indeed everyone does it and everyone knows then there is no story. But if this were the case, why was it so outrageous that Katherine Gun spilled the beans.

Personally I don't buy Butler's story. If you remember, Butler was very close to the Clinton administration, doing favors for Clinton during the Lewinsky hearings. It's not so far-fetched that this story is now a favor to Blair and Bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home