"Bubba" sightings in the international press and selected blogs.

Thursday, October 09, 2003

Two Professors, Collaborators in Econometrics, Win the Nobel: "In a telephone interview yesterday from a house he owns in eastern France, Professor Engle, 60 years old, said: 'I'm in the town of Annecy, France, and it's late afternoon, and it's a beautiful day. How they tracked me down here, I'm not sure. It's pretty far from the big financial centers.'

'I kind of thought I had a chance,' Professor Granger, 69, said, 'but I wasn't expecting it.'

[...]

Yesterday afternoon in France, Professor Engle joined his wife at a cafe, where he ate a grilled sandwich of ham, chevre and Reblochon cheese, before running a short errand, he said. He returned home to hear his wife tell him the prize committee had called.

"The prize money will be nice," he said. Still, he added, "I plan on pretty much doing what I'm doing.
"


Let's see: Nobel prize, world famous, real smart guy. Q: Where do you enjoy spending your time? A: In a cafe in France having grilled cheese sandwiches. I couldn't agree more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home